- Effective database management requires a keen attention to detail, a strong customer service orientation and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialized
- Design and implement database in accordance to end users information needs and views.
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and
in a timely manner.
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data.
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users.
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity.
- Managing, monitoring and maintaining company databases.
- Implementing requested changes, updates and modifications to database structure and data.
- Ensuring database security, integrity, stability and system availability.
- Maintaining database backup and recovery infrastructure.
- BS degree in a computer discipline or relevant certification.
- Professional certifications from Microsoft, Oracle and others are highly preferred.
- Strong information technology foundation in database structure, configuration, installation and practice with working experience as a Database Administrator.
- Knowledge and experience in major relational database languages and applications, such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and IBM DB2.
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL.
- Proven experience with database documentation and coding.
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third-party tools
- Familiarity with programming languages API.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to think algorithmically.