Computer Systems Analyst
- Analyze a client’s current computer systems and procedures and design information systems solutions to help the organization operate more efficiently and effectively. They bring business and information technology (IT) together by understanding the needs and limitations of both.
- Implements computer system requirements by defining and analyzing system problems; designing and testing standards and solutions.
- Analyzing systems hardware and software problems and developing technical solutions
- Translating user and/or systems requirements and information into functional technical specifications
- Writing and maintaining detailed systems documentation, including user manuals and technical manuals
- Acting as a liaison between developers and end users to ensure technical compatibility and satisfaction
- Defines application problem by conferring with clients; evaluating procedures and processes.
- Develops solution by preparing and evaluating alternative workflow solutions.
- Controls solution by establishing specifications; coordinating production with programmers.
- Validates results by testing programs.
- Ensures operation by training client personnel; providing support.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field
- At least 5 years of experience working with specific applications and/or operating systems.
- A broad understanding of, and experience working with hardware and software systems, including their installation, maintenance and life cycles is required.
- Must be excellent analytical thinkers and problem solvers, as well as effective communicators.